View Single Post

Old 06-19-2016, 10:59 AM

Liked 84 Times in 51 Posts

I would venture to guess that better built quality pistols, in above average shape/slight wear, would give one better odds in the extractor star going above and beyond call of duty.

Likewise one would be well served in maintaining clean cylinder bores. No sense in adding to the load.

There is indeed a slight differential in headspace as you duly noted the thinner .32 ACP case is a mite recessed in cylinder compared to the .32 long. Upon inspection of spent cases the .32ACP primer has a wider and deeper indention than the .32 long.

Misfires are also reported occasionally in use of budget/target ammunition. Every mechanical function has a rate of failure. To me the beauty in a wheelgun, other than no safety to interfere, is option of pulling the trigger again.

I'd wager a sawbuck against two bits that you have never had two misfires back to back. Much less as a result of firing pin shortcomings as result of too much headspace. Of course I could be wrong. And if the misfire was on the sixth rnd you would be no worse for wear than had you been totin' a five rounder.

I recommend nothing. I merely share me thoughts. Personally, I have no issue carrying Mighty Mouse or loading w/BB .32ACP +P. I'll neither extol its virtues from the pulpit or soapbox as worthy, better or equal to anything else.

It's a great big beautiful world and I've nary a problem agreeing to disagree w/gents.

W/ladies I also presume me fault and automatically being wrong by default.

Last edited by Nicksterdemus; 06-19-2016 at 11:02 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: