View Single Post

Old 06-21-2016, 08:52 AM

Liked 1,182 Times in 374 Posts
Default UPDATE: My new favorite S&W auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiroc View Post
I'll have to echo the CS-9 as my favorite S&W auto. Light and compact enough for ISW carry. Big enough with the stock Hogue grips for comfortable shooting. Easily accurate enough for it's self defense role.

I do have two more to choose from that also get very high marks for their particular niche, a 1006, and my most recent acquisition a 1076.

10mm is my choice if things would ever get serious and I will carry the 1076 if the situation allows. The 1006 is a range gun and a joy to shoot.

But for me, it's love the one that's with you.

Digiroc
Quoting myself again with an update to my new favorite auto loading S&W semi-auto.

I just picked up a model 411 in great condition. It's my first .40 and while I wish it was the full 10mm to match my 1006 & 1076 but the .40 lifts the power from my 5906 and only loses some capacity with 11 round magazines (I got 3 with it).

The 411 has night sights (but very dim after 20 years) and I plan to have it re-lamped soon.

Only slightly smaller than my 1076, but significantly lighter with the alloy frame. It carries better and will be my back-up to my always present .357 AirLite (actually my very favorite handgun, as I said love the one that's with you).

But the 411 will be with me a lot as my car/truck gun. I have a secret compartment in my pick-up that will hold the 411 when I go out (the AirLite is in appendix carry).

Digiroc