View Single Post

Old 06-22-2016, 12:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,970 Times in 5,589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieBree View Post
I agree that the screw is tight coming from the factory. I thought the wrench would break on the first takedown and after being frustrated at how hard it was to find a good way to loosen it I almost gave up. Then I came up with a great solution.

Instead of having the gun on the table and trying to torque the wrench, I put the end of the wrench against the table and torqued the gun against it. It took a lot of force but it came lose with no damage to the screw, wrench or gun.

As far as loosening after shooting....
After initial cleaning (the gun comes pretty dirty from the factory) I snugged the screw tight before shooting the first time and it DID loosen. I ran through 220 rounds in an hour and forgot to check it along the way.

Good news; the design is brilliant and even with the screw lose, the gun remained very accurate.

After cleaning it again, I snugged the screw and then torqued it a bit more. I have run another 500 rounds through it and the screw has not loosened again.

As for the grips, they began to have a bit of give in them and slid just enough to be noticeable after that first time shooting. After tightening (requires a smaller wrench) they also remain snugly in place.

BTW: the Allen wrench also work just fine to compress the magazine spring for disassembly. I have found that applying a thin coat of oil to the inside of the magazine works wonders.
Prior to oiling, I had a handful of FTL's. After oil, not one through 500 rounds.
Welcome to the forum. Glad you like the Victory. It has become my favorite shooter. I cleaned my mags and that did help. I'm at the point now where I check the barrel after 50 rounds and retighten if necessary. Some days it stays tight and some days it doesn't. I figure that is what the allen wrench is for.
The Following User Likes This Post: