View Single Post

Old 06-26-2016, 12:57 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,964 Times in 3,661 Posts

I know of only two of these transitional pistols---yours and Terry Wagner's. I'm quite certain Terry's falls within the heretofore 2nd Model serial range (below 4617) but don't recall the number. (And Terry's, while not a numbers matching example, almost certainly started out that way---and then got "Bubba'd" somewhere along the way---more's the pity.)

Once you get a letter, I am quite certain Jinks will refer to it as a 3rd Model/Perfected Model----especially if you include photos with your request. Whether or not the term transition/transitional creeps into the letter or not remains to be seen---and seems unlikely (except as editorial commentary). Letters mirror the factory records-----shipping and billing records, both of which most certainly used terminology known/accepted by shipping and billing personnel----and "transitional model" ain't one of them. Transitional is collector speak to rationalize paying more for weird guns----or charging more---as the case may be. T'was ever thus!!

Whatever they call it, it's a very special gun. You done GOOD!!

Ralph Tremaine

Last edited by rct269; 06-26-2016 at 01:32 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: