View Single Post

Old 07-01-2016, 11:36 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,070 Times in 2,660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-229 View Post
hoptob,

Will all due respect, sir, why waste valuable shooting time trying to duplicate a factory load? I have at least 2 boxes of W-W factory FBI loads that have to be 30 years old. I have no reason to buy more. They'll last me the rest of my life.

BTW, I've yet to come across any .38 Special or .357 Mag load that I think surpasses the FBI load for bipedal self-defense. And I will add that the FBI load is not a whole lot of fun when fired out of a 2" Model 60. I couldn't imagine firing a .357 Mag load out of a "J" Frame.
Not to answer for my friend but I am also involved with this ongoing project. There are many reasons to replicate factory or designer loads. Let's start with price, BBs FBI Load costs $28.79 + shipping for 20 rounds. Handloading costs using the same RimRock bullet, $8.65 for 50 rounds.

Next comes the fun, reloaders like to experiment and it's satisfying when you succeed.

IMO, because of the cost it's difficult to practice with your carry ammo and practice is important. If you can develop a replica load for your carry ammo you can practice without breaking the bank and save the store bought ammo for carry.

There is more but those are the three that I think if first.
SWCA #3437

Last edited by ArchAngelCD; 07-01-2016 at 11:38 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: