View Single Post

Old 07-13-2016, 03:03 PM
US Veteran

Liked 23,758 Times in 6,182 Posts

I may have posted my preferences and the reasons for them here before. I apologize If this is a repeat. See, I'm old and have a ragin case of "Can't remember stuff".

Any way I carry every where I go. Every day. All the time. Even out side in my own yard I have a little something or other to keep the punks off me. I'm small and old and look like an easy target. I'm anything but. However people have been assaulted in their yards and even in their garages so when I'm out messin' around in the yard or garage I'm "dressed".

There are any number of places I might go and each might require a different style/type of dress depending upon the weather or what I'll be doing etc. This necessitates something that is appropriate for every situation.

Besides who wants to carry the same old gun all the time. In many aspects of life variety really is the spice of life and I think it make things more interesting if not more fun.

My big 3 (and this has been trimmed down some since I thinned the herd) are as follows

1. Ruger SR-1911 .45 auto plus 2 extra magazines-For the road and for cold weather when a jacket or coat or bulkier clothing might be required. I can easily conceal this with some of my summer duds but not all.

2. Ruger SP-101 .38 spl/.357 mag. 4" stainless. This one conceals more easily and comfortably and is my main carry in summer attire or when I might be a little more active and/or sitting and standing a lot. It's only a 5 shot so I carry 2 speed loaders in a double carrier.

3. KelTec P-32 .32 auto. I carry this most often as a "bug" when I'm on the road or possibly in a place or situation where I perceive a greater threat/risk of a problem. It's also my yard gun and beach gun. I know it's a little light for some situations but I carry fmj for better penetration. Hollow points don't always feed properly and you can experience jams and failure to feed. Also some hollow point ammo in the smaller calibers don't always expand as they should.

Anyway It can carry 7+1 and I would never rely on it in a gunfight across the street or even across the room. It is mostly for close up and personal and as a back up for the semi auto and the revolver.

Correction: As some of you may have or soon will notice the middle pic is not a Ruger SP-101. It is a pic of my S&W 624. I am currently unable to find any pics of the SP-101. When I set up this new laptop I am now positive that I lost some of my pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3138.JPG (203.2 KB, 170 views)
File Type: jpg Ruger SP-101.jpg (225.1 KB, 230 views)
File Type: jpg Disc one 2717.jpg (157.3 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by walkin jack; 07-13-2016 at 04:30 PM.
The Following 9 Users Like Post: