View Single Post

Old 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM

Liked 25,701 Times in 8,685 Posts

Don't really get why S&W would spend $85 million on a Company that makes cheap knives in China. Those brands are from yesteryear and while they were once considered descent working knives I know of no one who buys them anymore.

Personally, if S&W wanted a knife division they would have been better off starting up a high end knife Company and making them in America with the tidy sum of $85 million. It seems to me that the knife makers that make the high end products are the ones that have a huge demand, charge high prices and usually have a back-log of orders. The brands like Uncle Henry, Schrade, Imperial and Old Timer are sort of "has beens" and now that they are all made in China - they are low end knives and are a "dime - a - dozen".

While I personally do prefer the old fashioned style traditional pocket knives over the more modern flip out and locking folders, most people these days don't. Either S&W knows something I don't or they need a better CEO. I suppose time will tell, but it always seems that when a Company like S&W gets into a sub-line, it never really does well. I seem to remember them playing around with bicycles, knives, holsters and other lines that were never a real success.
The Following User Likes This Post: