View Single Post

Old 08-06-2016, 09:25 AM

Liked 9,976 Times in 2,065 Posts

I truly enjoy my S&Ws but for me the pistol I carry more than any other is a Colt Defender in .45. The 1911 is the pistol I learned to shoot with as a mere 12 yr. old almost 48 years ago.

I use a proper belt (The Beltman), a holster made by a local gentleman (Sweetwater Saddelry) and a DeSantis spare mag carrier.

I shoot the Defender better than any other compact handgun I own, it's flat profile makes it virtually disappear with my everyday wardrobe during the spring/summer. Yes it gets quite hot here in the Denver area during the summer.

For many years it was some version of a S&W revolver but I kept returning to the 1911.

When the weather cools and I'm wearing a jacket or zip sweatshirt I tend to grab either my M&P full size in 9 or my 5" 1911. Sometimes I'm known to carry along a 4" 629 or 686 when camping/hiking the high country around here.

I also train quarterly with a very highly qualified instructor near me, have the next class in 3 weeks as a matter of fact.

I use the semis because I shoot/reload them better than any other handgun I own.

The Following 4 Users Like Post: