View Single Post

Old 08-14-2016, 09:37 PM

Liked 3,903 Times in 1,519 Posts

I found that you must hold that flat plate on top of the spring and keep that little tongue on the front of the plate in the corresponding spot at the front of the mag wall as you slip the base plate into position. I finally put a piece of leather around the outside of my mag and placed it in my bench vise for use as a third hand. After I slid the base plate onto the mag over the interior plate, I could then hold the interior plate down in its corrrect position with a small punch and slide the base plate into position. I also found that using my finger down on the side of the plate to hold/move those two "legs" of the interior plate toward the rear, in other words straight up and down allowed them to fit properly into the corresponding slots in the base plate and pop up into position as the base plate moved fully into position. Until I put the mag in my vice so I could use both hands to do this job, I fought it till I was about to get up. After finally getting it done and figuring out how to do it, it then was much easier! It's definitely not as easy as the instructions make it out to be, and the instructions could certainly provide more valuable information with the 7 round mag reassembly!