View Single Post

Old 08-17-2016, 01:00 AM

Liked 8,900 Times in 3,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadin View Post
Alk,

The total lack of markings is curious, even on Spanish revolvers. Does it look as if the grips have been changed out? Sometimes the only manufactures mark is on the grip panels. The barrel marking ending in "O.V." might be a clue that could point to "Ojanguren y Vidosa", another Eibar Spain maker.

As to the quality of Spanish revolvers, they seem to run the whole gambit from **** to pretty nice. The main problem with a good number of them is that the quality of steel they used was not up to standard. It can be somewhat soft and the guns will "shoot loose" fairly rapidly. Just take it easy on the loads and if they start getting sloppy, hang them in a display....
I hate posting on a 6 year old thread, but some may appreciate it.

I have been trying to identify a Spanish revolver that I own. Periodically I have searched the "net" and finally got a hit on Armslist. Looks like deadin was right that my gun was made by "Ojanguran y Vidosa" in Eibar, Espana. The description is correct right down to the "American Best Cartridges are those that fit best the O.V." on the barrel! The photos with the listing do not seem to have any identifying marks whatsoever, except the "O.V." in the barrel legend.

Thank you, deadin!