View Single Post

Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 3,461 Times in 489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYlakesider View Post
That sounds right. A good friend of mine now living in Northern NY was a retired LEO from another state.

Some of his qualifying criteria kinda made me say WOW!

He was allowed to qualify with a model 28 6'' shooting target wad cutters. Time limits were Rip Van Winkle approved.

I'm not a LEO or a LEO knocker but I would think you should be shooting a REALISTIC concealable gun with real save your butt ammo to be LEOSA certified!

I have a unrestricted permit (since early 70s) and the new county judge here in this people republic type state is now ALLOWING many people to upgrade to get a unrestricted permit. The shooting that must be done to get this "privilege" are a heck of a lot more stringent that what my X cop buddy had to do.

FWIW I have not had to certify for unrestricted YET as my permit is real old and more or less grandfathered in. I can pass a realistic hard course of fire with a concealable gun with real ammo if the powers to be demanded it. Best bet I would use my 1911.45 and/or my 15 2'' with right ammo carried in a IWBH
**Words of Concern** The NYS Police are taking over the state pistol permit system on Jan 01, 2018. Every permit holder will have to recertify their permits. There will be no more individual counties making decisions regarding who can have what type of permit, it will all be done at the state level.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: