View Single Post

Old 08-26-2016, 09:17 PM

Liked 140 Times in 66 Posts

I can't believe that the S&W Customer Service reps are giving people that line of BS. As far as I know these guns are not sighted in at the factory, they are only test-fired in a machine to test for safe function. So there is no way that the factory is making that kind of adjustment to get POA to match POI. If they had to sight in every gun at the factory, and then make adjustments, their production rate would fall and the cost per gun would rise.

Furthermore, guns with adjustable rear sights often come out of the box with the rear sight adjusted far left or right. I inquired about that and was told that is the way the sights often come from the sight manufacturer - the gun manufacturer just screws them on the frame and ships the gun that way, again, there is no sighting in at the factory. So, the first thing to do when you get a new gun out of the box is to center the rear sight and make some test shots, from a rest, and then adjust the rear sight as required. In my opinion the "intentional" canted barrel excuse at the factory is BS.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: