View Single Post

Old 08-30-2016, 05:15 AM

Liked 174 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PILGRIM View Post
Gun blowup posts are interesting!
Especially when they happen to somebody else.

I would not wish that to happen to anyone but now the bigger question since it did happen the why it happen.
However I think I understand your sarcasm, I think, let's hope it is just sarcasm right.

Anyway with something as catastrophic as this be it gun, toaster or automobile, I would definitely be on the horn to the manufacture first before any where else that's for sure.

If this is metallurgical failure the public needs to be warned and no doubt a recall will be in order.

Hopefully the OP does indeed contact S&W today and keeps us up to date on what transpires.
Because if it is a processing failure it could affect other models of guns as well.

Revolver kaboom's are far more dangerous than semi-automatic kaboom's because it's all right there basically out in the open in your face so to speak. And it can happen in the cylinder to the barrel.

As far as buying ammo at a gun show goes doesn't matter what the box says, it's a good idea to open them up right there to make sure it's not just the box they are using to sell their ammo in.

How bad has it become, at one of the ranges I use we are not allowed to bring in any ball ammo and the reason was told to us because people where sneaking in reloads and they can't get insurance coverage. We can only shoot defensive JHP and all is inspected before we head to the firing line to make sure we are not sneaking any target ammo in.

Gun show ammo is a 50/50 proposition.
You may trust your reloads but would you trust someone else's, I sure as heck would not.