View Single Post

Old 09-03-2016, 10:29 AM

Liked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Default New Shield 45 Grip texture

Hey everyone, was just dropping in to ask if anyone else finds the new texture of the Shield 45 grips pretty darn aggressive, almost to much so. I conceal carried it the other day for the first time all day long and it is very comfortable to carry all day weight and size wise, but the one thing that is bothersome is how aggressive the grip texture is, it literally rubbed my skin to the point it was hurting by the end of the day. I'm not into putting rubber sleeves over grips or adding stick on textures either. So my cure was to lightly sand/file down the grip texture by hand just on the sides and back of the grips very evenly and take my time doing it. For anyone who has had this problem, this fixed mine beautifully. My grips are perfect now, they still feel good with enough texture for a good grip and they do not rub my skin raw now either, so anyone wanting to fix this issue if there having it, this is the way without adding anything to your grips. It looks good if you take your time and do it slow and easy and make sure its even of course. Just some info. Thanks guys.

Last edited by earthtone31; 09-03-2016 at 11:08 AM.