View Single Post

Old 09-04-2016, 04:51 AM

Liked 176 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
Huh?

Your statement is not true...nor could any state opt out of compliance with a Federal law.

Be safe.

You can be the test case. I chose not to poke the beast. I will go to normal states to vacation rather than give an anti-gun state my money.

I've carried in 49 states without problem but Hawaii thumbs their noses at LEOSA and require that you comply with their state laws in addition to the federal requirement. They will allow you to carry if you comply with their permit and registration laws. The five day registration is problematic in that only certain PDs are designated as portals of the registration process. They allow registration only a couple days per week. If you are at the end of the line they will close before you get to the window and you will have to try again another day. If you show up beyond the five day window it can be a felony.

Hawaii has nothing that I need to make it worth the hassle of complying with their laws. Call if you want to experience the arrogance of the DAs that will be happy to try and get your bail maximized. I feel as you do that they shouldn't get away with what they are doing but that is the reality of island life. Review the above posted links kindly provided by AimHigher.

Last edited by akviper; 09-04-2016 at 04:58 AM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: