View Single Post

Old 09-04-2016, 07:55 PM

Liked 6,948 Times in 2,355 Posts

Although I think your Brazilian model is one of the nicer ones I've seen, if you want it shorter go for it. I lucked into one through a friend of mine that knew a guy with a Brazilian for sale awhile ago. I had never spent much time shooting .45acp in a revolver, just past me by while I was chasing .357 and .44 magnum. Anyway my buddy brought it over to me and it had been nicely/professionally reblued which ruined it for any collectible quality. I bought it and immediately started shooting it quite a bit, I had a 629 Mountain Revolver but it wasn't as much fun to shoot as the big ole N-frame and .45acp. Then I got to thinking about replacing the 629 with the Brazilian for camping, hiking, etc. I needed to shorten it to at least 4", asked another friend of mine about getting the job done. He shortened it 4", straightened the yoke, opened up the forcing cone to around 11 degrees and built me a Baughman style front sight with bright orange insert. I really like the thing and carry it with me often, the custom barrel work altogether only set me back $250 so I was into this great revolver less than $500 and wouldn't take a grand if offered.

The Following 22 Users Like Post: