View Single Post

Old 09-07-2016, 01:01 PM

Liked 2,580 Times in 1,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
He retired and sold it to another group. Seems to be nothing but good reports of the new outfit.
I'm actually glad to hear that. While I thought that Ray's work was very good, I found him to not be receptive to client feedback. I bought a 1911 shoulder holster from him and wanted tie-downs; he refused to supply them but I couldn't imagine the gun and extra magazines flopping around while I was walking, bending over or worse yet, running (not that running is something I anticipate doing much of at my age). Because of my satisfaction with my other Lobo holsters, I bought the shoulder holster anyway with the intention of having tie-downs made locally.

But the magazine pouches wouldn't hang right - they wanted to hang horizontally instead of vertically and as such, stuck straight out from my body. I realized that the rear "hanger" on the pouches was sewn on in the wrong place and brought this to his attention. He insisted that was impossible and maintained I was not adjusting the harness correctly so I sent him a photo of the pouches with the holster hung on my safe door.

I think it is apparent that if the rear hanger were moved to the same edge of the pouches that the other one is on (to the left in that photo), the pouches would have hung properly.

He replied that since I was apparently unable to adjust the harness correctly, I could sent it back for a refund. I just never warmed up to his attitude but I have two other holsters he made and they are top-shelf.

I wound up buying a Miami Classic II shoulder holster from LA Police Gear and like it a lot but I will be ordering another belt holster from Lobo now that ownership has changed and is receiving high marks from you guys.

Thanks for the info!

Ed

Last edited by AveragEd; 09-07-2016 at 01:02 PM.