View Single Post

Old 09-07-2016, 08:19 PM

Liked 33 Times in 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie45 View Post
First time at the range with the SW22 Victory. Stove pipe every third round. Fail to eject-half way out with another live round on top. Apparently it wouldn't eject fast enough I guess. I don't know. I think it might be the ammo. Using CCI Mini Mags. MY Ruger 10/22 loves them. I noticed they have a waxey build up on them. I've been using this ammo for years. Never noticed this wax. Do you think this is my problem with the Victory. I cleaned every one of them before I go back to the range. I'm also going to try several different brands. So much for buying the good stuff. I hope this is the problem with the Victory. Very accurate when it worked. Any advice?
I have ONLY used cci mini mags in my new Victory. CCI Mfg.#0030. the 40 grain round nose, high velosity copper plated ammo. Spoke to S&W customer service and they strongly recommended using copper plated lead round nose HV for flawless operation. I now have 800 rounds through it and not one problem at all. I have no reason to change. This ammo has NO wax build up on it. I have tried other lead round nose in my Ruger 10/22 that had what ever that stuff is on the lead bullet and it consistently jammed. Switched to CCI #0030 and it fires hundreds of rounds at a time with no problems, perfectly. I might eventually try other ammo but for now this stuff is working very well.