View Single Post

Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 PM

Liked 3,352 Times in 1,336 Posts

Although this thread is four years old and has been discussed ad nauseum, I'll throw in my two cents. First of all, an intruder should never be able to enter your home without you being alerted in advance. If you don't have an outer layer of defense, get one. There are motion detecting outdoor light systems and audible alarms to give you an early warning of someone attempting a breakin. A good dog will also let you know if someone is trying to enter your home. Along with remote activated lights, most bad guys will likely retreat when a commotion destroys their element of surprise. It also gives you time to shake off sleep and prepare yourself to use necessary force to repel invaders who are not discouraged by lights and uproar. I keep a tactical flashlight equipped Glock 19 in my bedside table drawer. Along with the early warning system, acquiring it gives me a little time to shake the cobwebs out of my brain and get myself into a tactical mindset. The last part is have a pre-plan if you have a family and guests, to help insure their safety.