View Single Post

Old 09-08-2016, 07:57 PM
US Veteran

Liked 141 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie45 View Post
First time at the range with the SW22 Victory. Stove pipe every third round. Fail to eject-half way out with another live round on top. Apparently it wouldn't eject fast enough I guess. I don't know. I think it might be the ammo. Using CCI Mini Mags. MY Ruger 10/22 loves them. I noticed they have a waxey build up on them. I've been using this ammo for years. Never noticed this wax. Do you think this is my problem with the Victory. I cleaned every one of them before I go back to the range. I'm also going to try several different brands. So much for buying the good stuff. I hope this is the problem with the Victory. Very accurate when it worked. Any advice?
Well, usually I would tell somebody with your problems to try some CCI Mini Mags. My .22 Victory eats everything (but I never put Remington or Winchester in my .22s) I feed it.

Have you taken your Victory apart and cleaned it since taking it new from the box? Got the slide lubed? If so, I'm thinking maybe a magazine feed problem. Perhaps the lips need to be tweaked a touch. If you have two mags, is it happening with both?

The Mini Mags are great troubleshooting rounds. If they're not working, and you want to eliminate ammo as the problem, I also recommend a box of CCI Standard Velocity. If it doesn't work, it's NOT an ammo problem. Lifetime warranty though.