View Single Post

Old 09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 15,554 Times in 3,100 Posts
Exclamation The little gun that started it all....

Ok short backstory here:

My great grandfather (dad's grandpa) was a judge here in Texas. Lots of judicial types carried for their own safety, and this started waaaaaay back well before any of us here were even a glimmer in their ancestor's eyes.

Anycase - My great grandfather carried this nickel plated 25 in a glove. This was back when Texas was becoming somewhat more 'civilized'. Judges wore robes and did not want to strap their sixgun over the robes, as it made city folks feel weird. He carried this one in a leather dress glove to remain as unobtrusive as possible. His glove is no longer around, so here is just the gun.

It is an Armi Galesi in 25 ACP (it is the very one that spawned another thread a few years ago...it lives on today here Can the 25 ACP be taken seriously?
)
This little gun was also the beginning of my father's and my display at the SWCA Baton Rouge symposium. While it was not carried openly, it helped to inspire a display not only to share some really cool old S&W's but also some of our State, and my family's, history.

Without further ado....Here is Judge Young's gun.

The Ultimate BBQ gun & leather thread-dscf0570_zps0gw5tt7e-jpg

There have been a few requests to post the guns and leather that we had on display at Baton Rouge. I have set them all out and photographed them as they were displayed. I am sure that my father will be along to post some of his here as well (some are already in the thread).

Thanks to you all for sharing, and take note that I am humbled by all of the great rigs that you have posted. Your time and effort to share your collections makes our participation here truly cherished time, and I can not say that about any other internet forum where I have been a member.

I will be adding the guns from Baton Rouge in more posts later today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0570_zps0gw5tt7e.jpg (102.4 KB, 660 views)

Last edited by SAFireman; 07-16-2017 at 02:28 PM. Reason: fix pics
The Following 10 Users Like Post: