View Single Post

Old 09-13-2016, 02:14 AM

Liked 9,332 Times in 3,497 Posts

Update:

I loaded the Acme 330gr bullets with my reduced Power Pistol loads ranging from 18.2gr to 20.7gr, using a firm roll crimp (as above), & no issues (leading) with these loads either.

Ran the same loads using the HSM 300gr P-HP bullets & all were fine except the last load (20.7gr). I noticed some "debris" sprayed from the B-C gap on the first round, & then again on the second & concluded it was probably plating so I deduced their max. 1250fps MV must have been exceeded with it & pulled the remaining loads. That load should have been pretty much the same speed as the Unique & Bluedot loads above but irregardless I'll use a lower charge in the future.

Only loaded up (5) of each powder weight, to see if they had any issues so I don't have anything more at this time.

Just a reminder, always DOUBLE CHECK the case fill before seating the bullet on reduced loads in large capacity cases like this. A double charge of these won't overfill the case (~75-90% fill) so you don't want to be careless!

PS:
I ran some I4227 with the Acme bullets, 35.0gr/37.0gr/39.0grs. No leading was encountered with those loads. I gave them a good roll crimp & had no ignition issues.

Last edited by BLUEDOT37; 10-26-2016 at 02:19 AM. Reason: .add PS:
The Following 3 Users Like Post: