Thread: 15-22 Mistake?
View Single Post

Old 09-16-2016, 01:28 PM

Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
Just so that we are clear, the rifle, the 15-22 was banned from Appleseed events. Due to malfunctions...they do not state anywhere within the descriptions of these malfunctions, what equipment was being used. IF they were stock from the factory with no add ons or changes then S&W will be responsible for any damages that occurred.

HOWEVER we all like to tinker, i'm sure that the reason most of us opted for the 15-22 was for its 'compatibility' with AR parts, swap this, add on that. Lets get one thing straight IT IS NOT AN AR...we all know the width of the lower is different, for anyone who has replaced their trigger they are running a trigger meant for an AR and not specifically for a 15-22 (CMC aside) So, without knowing if the rifles that malfunctioned at the Appleseed had replacement triggers or springs or other non supplied S&W parts then we can only hold judgement on the rifle.

ONE thing is for sure that if S&W take these concerns and find out that the malfunctions happened with rifles that had different triggers or springs in then they will just laugh at any attempt at blame and set their legal teams on anyone who tries to slander their company. IF S&W are putting out inferior built rifles (which seems to be an issue with the latest sport version, lots of extraction reported problems) Then expect recalls.

Until we know if the problem was the rifle, the replacements or the operator, we can assume that ALL our 15-22's are safe.

Always check and clean your equipment prior to shooting because your safety is paramount.
Wow so are you telling me that the Sport is also known for having issues? Today is not a good day for me. I bought a Sport 2 just months ago too.
The Following User Likes This Post: