View Single Post

Old 09-16-2016, 04:33 PM

Liked 58 Times in 11 Posts

Bubba jobs can play too? Well, okay. I'm not quite finished with it yet as I've been too busy/FL has been too hot to be playing around in the garage. Work left to complete: finish fitting the sideplate (it's 95% of the way there), then try to patina it to match the rest of the gun. The cylinder will also be reamed for .45 Colt so I can shoot cowboy loads or .455 Webley. Depending on POI it may also end up wearing a Wonder Sight. Oh, and I have a cool modified hammer (kind of like a King double cock eye but not) but it needs some fitting and Kasenit.

It's comprised of parts from 3 different guns (with a few small parts swapped here and there for better fit). The frame, yoke, cylinder assembly and ejector rod are from one gun, the barrel from another (Sixgun Strumpet had one in his junk drawer and was nice enough to give it to me), and the internals and sideplate from yet another gun. Obviously this took some fitting/luck to get assembled. It now times perfectly, has ~.001 endshake and a correct cylinder gap (can't remember off the top of my head what it speced to). The front sight is from a Parker Hale converted Victory, I thought it fit the whole British theme pretty well. The grips I actually found on eBay a couple weeks ago, I had gone through a couple other pairs that I didn't think quite fit the look but I'm digging these.

edit: Oh yeah, and I picked up this old thing a couple weeks ago. Doesn't look very modified, until you look closely at the hammer and the internals.

Last edited by Doctor Grape Ape; 09-16-2016 at 04:36 PM.
The Following 19 Users Like Post: