View Single Post

Old 09-18-2016, 01:44 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 6,742 Times in 2,625 Posts

I'm sorry, but to say that one should not shoot name brand ammo from some of the companies listed is just not the right answer.

The right answer is for S&W to fix this Victory pistol.

It has had various issues since its introduction, and S&W seems not to care.

In the meantime, my Ruger 22 Auto (both MK III and 22/45) just goes on feeding absolutely anything. And I have one that has not been taken apart EVER, nor does it get cleaned more than once every few years.

If a 22 Auto will not perform as reliably as the Ruger, then I am not interested.

Making money is certainly one goal of a corporation, but long term survival is another, and the more customers that try S&W and leave for other brands the more long term survival is impacted.

Bad show.

I have read in the last two weeks on this forum of folks having issues with the Victory, the M&P pistols, the light strikes with revolvers that seem to have started after S&W shaved a little off the frame mounted firing pin to make sure of California drop tests, etc.

The one thing we all want in a firearm is one that fires each time the trigger is pulled, and it should work - whether that be cylinder rotates (there are posts on here about dragging cylinders in new guns) when trigger is pulled, or whether that be extract, eject, feed and fire again in semi-auto weapons (without out of battery firings, etc.).

S&W seems not to publicize what, if anything, it is doing to address ongoing problems, and for me, that promotes LACK of confidence in the product.

Sorry S&W, but that is how I feel.

Last edited by shawn mccarver; 09-18-2016 at 01:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: