Thread: My Baby AR
View Single Post

Old 09-18-2016, 06:58 PM

Liked 69 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL9CK View Post
It is odd that S&W doesn't fix a known issue.

I have considered the Volquartesen extractor, but I am going to hold off at least for a little while to see how my rifle "breaks in". And, of course, I don't want to do anything to void a warranty in case I need it to fix my ejection or other issues.

I didn't think the charging handle would affect ejection, but it's a valid point not to change it.

I didn't do anything to bend the ejector. I used a brass brush and patches on an Otis pull cord not something like a bore snake. I do really like your straw idea though and will be borrowing it for the future cleanings.

It seems CCI ammo is very popular so I should try that.

I load my magazines using the same method that you do and ensure they are staggered. Good point. I did not know this at first. I only saw it after doing research after the issues during my first shooting session.
I tweaked the ejector on my 15-22 slightly, and installed the Volquartsen extractor - now my rifle literally rockets the casings out of it. I had some that shot out 20' while shooting a steel challenge stage.
After I made those mods, I've had zero issues with stovepipes - regardless of what ammo I've fed it.
The Following User Likes This Post: