View Single Post

Old 09-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 7,548 Times in 2,081 Posts
Default I Solved Your Problem

First, remember that even with young eyes, your eyes may only focus on one thing, and that's the front sight. The target must be a bit fuzzy.

Now, for the solution: I made myself a mock sight plane from a piece of lattice molding that mimics a handgun sight plane, consisting of a rear sight made of vinyl electricians tape, folded over and notched square. I made a wood front sight and attached the "sights" to my lattice molding.

This is necessary for what follows. I took my sighting place to BJ's where you may buy reading glasses in different strengths. Using the mock sight, I went through the entire rack, from +1.00 to +3.50, finding that +1.50 gave me a clear and crisp sight picture with the target just a bit fuzzy. I then bought three or four pair for $20.00, leaving them in my two range bags and a pair in my nightstand drawer.

Now, you can also do this with a real gun but I strongly advise against it as you'll have an entire swat team around your neck in a matter of minutes. That's why you need the mock sight plane.
The Following User Likes This Post: