View Single Post

Old 09-28-2016, 08:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 4,882 Times in 2,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYguy View Post
I'm looking for options for shooting glasses for USPSA and IPSC.
I'm sure I have a lot of company with the same problem, need a crisp focus for my pistol sights at arms length but still need to be able to see my target.
I'm at that point where I finally broke down and surrendered to bifocals but still adapting. Tried using the bifocals for shooting and I can see my sights but target is pretty blurry. Tried shooting with my single vision readers and same problem.
Totally blew a comstock stage last night, clipped two hits in the no shoot but didn't know I did as I didn't see the hits so had two mikes and two no shoots for one target.
Has anyone found a solution for aging eyes, sights, target, quick acquisition, etc?
Been shopping online, one site is Tactical RX, I'm sure there are others.
Bifocal for dominate shooting eye, different prescription for other eye? Recommendations for companies?
Need help, any recommendations?
I screwed around with various prescriptions and all the homebrew solutions. I finally gave up and went to a red dot optic. If I can focus on the target, the dot is just as sharp (some kind of optical illusion) I've never looked back. Try borrowing (or renting) a pistol with dot, you will be amazed.

BTW, I shoot USPSA Open division for the past 3 years (or so)

Last edited by Bkreutz; 09-28-2016 at 08:34 PM.