View Single Post

Old 10-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Liked 42 Times in 19 Posts
Default Shield 9: stock trigger, or Apex trigger kit?

Greetings, All,

So far, I'm as pleased as punch with my new Shield 9 pistol! Fits my hand very nicely, is small enough, without being TOO small, and should work very well for my intended purpose.

The trigger is crisp, and feels OK to me, but it does cause my sight picture to "shimmy" when the sear releases. The "snap" of the trigger shakes up my sight picture. I've not been able to shoot this pistol, as of yet, as our local range is closed, due to high fire danger, right now. I want to hit an indoor range, down the mountain, but don't want to have to leave my brass after shooting. In any case, I do look forward to finally being able to shoot my Shield 9, as soon as I can make it happen!~

So, my question for all you Shield owners: have you left your OEM S&W trigger in your pistols, or replaced it with an Apex trigger kit, and if so, which kit did you choose, and why?

Thank you for any and all info, suggestions, or comments you can share with me! Much appreciated! I have long thought of my S&W 642 to be my "everyday" pistol, but now that the Shield has come, that may end up changing my thoughts about that! I love the 642, but if the Shield works out for me, would prefer the extra rounds in the pistol, than the 5 shots in the 642, and then a faster reload, than the simplicity and ease of carry of the 642. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc