View Single Post

Old 10-13-2016, 11:09 AM

Liked 29,238 Times in 13,822 Posts
Default I hope......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1943 View Post
Wow, 5-degrees is hard to believe. I was able to get a decent measurement on my Ruger GP100 and it is right at 1-degree and it is visually noticeable - although I did not catch it when I bought the gun, was not familiar with canted barrels at that time. However, the sight picture does not look bad, i.e., the front sight blade looks pretty near vertical in the fixed rear sight notch, but you can see just a little bit of overclock where the barrel meets the frame.

A 5-degree cant would be gross looking - hard to believe something that bad would get past QC.

Due to the lack of inventory locally, I will probably end up rolling the dice and order one from Buds or Davidsons (when & if they become available) and see what it looks like before accepting it. They both have return policies where they pay shipping back to them if you find a defect upon delivery.
I hope I'm wrong. I don't remember where I read that. As far as a "barrel torquing machine" goes, they torque the barrel and then a guy with a padded monkey wrench puts the gun in a vice to eyeball the sight which is the last step in the assembly. At least that's what they showed in their video.

Personally, I've had no problems with sights, but hearing about so many complaints from my favorite manufacturer, with a LONG reputation for quality, would let that out of the factory.

I believe I understand their QC problem. Their QC looks at it and makes it has a barrel and trigger and what not. If a gun leaves the factory and doesn't come back then it's a good gun. But the CUSTOMER has to act like QC and decide whether or not it's acceptable. To their credit, they do pay for the shipping and turnaround is pretty quick on warranty jobs.

Last edited by rwsmith; 10-13-2016 at 11:15 AM.