View Single Post

Old 10-14-2016, 01:11 PM

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagesmith View Post
Hi. I just checked my email and did not find one from you. You might try again. I do travel quite a bit so I can't always get right back to you-I use my phone for my communication and my tired ol' eyes don't read attachments well anymore. We have plans to do some FAQs on the sight to give you some time frames and additional instructions. We don't do PayPal or credit cards at this time. Your bank may be able to help with an international money order. I'm sorry that this isn't much help!
Hi, and thanks for the info.

Sadly I've spoken with my bank and the Royal Mail/Post Office - who tell me that over-the-counter money orders went a long time back (actually I do remember using them to send payments to the US , long, long ago before them new-fangled credit cards things came along!), so I'm at a bit of a loss. The best they can do is some kind of mega-banko-madness designed around large payments via partner banks and goodness knows what else (I largely lost the will to live listening after the first couple of minutes of the explanation) for which the fee is apparently roughly twice the cost of the letter & society membership combined (!) So keen as I am to find out the story behind my S&W, I'm not THAT keen....

I'll investigate further, and in the meantime pre-order the new Standard Catalogue which might help me a little in the quest.

Thanks again for letting me know how things stand.