View Single Post

Old 10-22-2016, 09:20 AM

Liked 5,572 Times in 1,319 Posts
Default No Subtitute For A Good Gun Rug

This gun rug is probably rarer than any gun you will ever own. It was made by Heiser in the 1950's right after the company was acquired, ceasing to exist shortly thereafter. The perfect label is probably rarer than the rug since many had the label torn out. A year ago I bought a 1910 S&W Target revolver. Before I left the shop, the owner said he almost forget the rug in the back that came with the gun. Since the gun was one of a matched pair (lettered by me) I imagine that the original owner died in the 1950's and the family split up the guns. The new owner of the target revolver invested a little money in a nice rug. Now I keep this loaded 1977 Smith in the rug as one of my house guns. . .keeping a holster on top of the rug. The 1910 revolver is stored in my collection. You could probably throw this outfit off the roof of a building and not hurt the gun. I wonder how many of you have acquired "vintage" rugs over the years. If you have, some pictures would be good. It would help if any of us ever come across a rug with the label ripped out, and don't know what it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0416.jpg (107.3 KB, 846 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0417.jpg (103.3 KB, 802 views)