View Single Post

Old 10-22-2016, 02:23 PM

Liked 63 Times in 41 Posts

My first trip to the range with the Victory resulted in a loosened takedown screw. I figured I might have gotten some lube in there when I initially cleaned and oiled the gun before that first shoot. Now, before I reattach the barrel, I spray a Q-Tip with automotive brake cleaner and then revolve it around in the screws hole, and then wipe the screw down with the wet Q-Tip. Then I tighten normally, maybe a tad "over" normal, with a standard allen wrench. I've never had a loosening problem since. The screw stays tight no matter how many hundreds of rounds I put through the gun in a shooting session. At the next cleaning, there is a definite "snap" sound as the screw breaks loose. I was initially worried about this, but it appears to be harmless. I think I might try the O-ring that has been mentioned here, just to get rid of that "snap" sound when I break the screw loose for cleaning. Even though that appears harmless, my brain is still worried about it in the back of my mind.

BTW, my Victory has never jammed, failed to feed, failed to extract, or malfunction in any way over the approximately 2000 rounds I've put through it (if you ignore that one initial instance of barrel loosening). Generally I shoot Aguila Super Extra high velocity rounds (pretty equivalent to CCI MiniMags in my experience). But I've also put some ****** bulk ammos like Federal through the Victory with zero problems. I was glad to see the Victory could stomach that Federal junk. My other .22LR pistols hate it and jam quite a bit with it. The Victory assisted me in "getting rid of it". Thanks Victory! My experience is the Victory will work with every .22LR ammo I've tried in it, and do so flawlessly (about six different offerings I've tried).

I prefer the Victory over my old Ruger Mark II Target and my Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite and my Ruger SR22. Those are all good guns too, but I just prefer the Victory. They are all roughly equivalent in accuracy (maybe not the SR22, but it's still decent). My preference for the Victory is probably because the Rugers all jam on occasion, are more ammo sensitive, and are more sensitive to being dirty ... whereas the Victory just goes and goes and goes. The Victory has earned a permanent place in my ready-to-go range bag. It goes on every shooting expedition. I put a Vortex Venom 3 MOA red-dot on the Victory, and that combination is very nice.
The Following User Likes This Post: