View Single Post

Old 10-24-2016, 09:36 PM

Liked 5,871 Times in 1,246 Posts
Default Close Call Today

Headed south out of Wyoming today and into Colorado en route to Granby through Walden. About 10 miles into Colorado I saw a white 3/4 ton Ford sitting mostly in the driving lane in a no passing zone on the two-lane highway, brake lights on. I slowed down to about 45 and moved left a bit to get around him. As we pulled almost abreast, I suddenly saw a rifle barrel sticking out the driver's window and aimed across the road. Just as I saw it, BOOM! Big rifle. Close enough to feel the concussion, the bullet would have passed just in front of my truck. 1/4 second slower on the trigger and he would have fired it right through the cab!

I don't much appreciate being shot at. Luckily I was able to get a cell signal (pretty sporadic in those parts). Got the sheriffs office on the phone. While I was calling, he drove by so I followed him toward Walden. Everything worked out and a BLM LE guy, two game wardens and a deputy sheriff pulled him over. He admitted it. Should cost him a thousand bucks or so and no hunting for several years. We were lucky! One of the stupidest stunts I've ever seen on a public highway. Glad to still be alive tonight!
The Following 46 Users Like Post: