View Single Post

Old 11-03-2016, 09:34 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
This is an interesting list of things that are different from the Sport II, but not one of them describes why it's $250 better.
Every item in that list is an upgrade vs. what the Sport 2 comes with. Are you saying that a BCM key mod hand guard with heat shields is not better than the standard carbine hand guard without heat shields that comes on the Sport?

Quote:
I'm not convinced the mid gas system is better than the carbine or vice versa. I have all three, carbine, mid and rifle, and all my guns work without issue. I would love to discuss why one is better than the other.
Mid length is said to have a softer recoil impulse. I honestly don't think I could tell if I were shooting blindfolded. But if comparing the Saint to the Sport 2 as stock, the mid length hand guard of the Saint will give you more room on the hand guard, and the sight radius is increased. And, that bayonet you secretly wanted to add to the rifle will fit properly on the 16" barrel with mid-length gas system.

Quote:
Upgraded trigger? Upgraded what? Until I actually feel one, I'm with Phil on that, meh.
The trigger is nickel boron and polished which should make it smoother than the stock trigger. Probably won't feel much different than a polishing job on a GI trigger, but it is already done for you.

Quote:
Everything else is personal preference. Now, if you like all that stuff over the standard cheapo stuff on the Sport II, it will probably save money by buying the SAINT over changing out all that stuff on the M&P. But if you're not in love with it, it's not worth the price because you'll change it out anyway.
You may not like it and you may change it out... and if that is the case, then you probably should not buy the rifle. But you can not argue that the BCM furniture is not an upgrade over the standard stuff.

Quote:
At this price level the forearm should be free float and Key Mod or M-Lock.
Many rifles are at or above this price point that don't have those features. Colt LE6920 comes to mind and it as basic as basic gets. BCM M4 Mod 0 is also well above the $899 MSRP price, and it is not free floated either.

I don't think it is a bad price for what you are getting. I don't care for the roll mark, but it appears to have many of the things that Sport owners upgrade to already. Each individual will have to decide for themselves if the upgrades are worth the money and a good value.
The Following User Likes This Post: