View Single Post

Old 11-05-2016, 11:33 AM

Liked 1,613 Times in 661 Posts

I have a short butt Colt Cobra that I have owned for roughly 20 years and have only fired +p or +p+in it . I don't shoot it more than I need to to be able to shoot it well enough to hit where I am aiming but it probably still eats 500 rounds per year and so far it has held up. I am sure it has more wear on it from this than it would if I had only fired non +p 's . One day the frame may crack and I guess when it does I will have to buy another short gun to replace it with but I am really not looking for that to happen anytime soon.

Years ago when Charter Arms came out with the original Target Bulldog's I shot so many Keith style .357 mag loads through one that I had to have steroid shots in my wrist . Never damaged the gun just the wrist. Had to counter sink the set screw in the barrel sleeve and coat the barrel in permatex to keep the sleeve in place but never had any other problems. I think any K frame would be tougher than the Charter...... For the record I am not saying anyone else should do this .

Eddie

Last edited by Eddie Southgate; 11-05-2016 at 11:37 AM.