View Single Post

Old 11-05-2016, 02:02 PM

Liked 771 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model520Fan View Post
We're really on the same page here, GF, except that my style of "humor" is probably not your cup of tea. Actually, maybe nobody laughed at it. If that's the case, then it was, more or less by definition, not funny. Nevertheless, a concern about +P or, for that matter, even the undefined +P+ in an N-frame revolver, does not make much sense, as Saxon Pig points out. Even if one disagrees with some of his arguments, the conclusion seems to me to be inescapable. And that's in a Heavy Duty or an Outdoorsman. In a 27, 28 or 520, the concern should not be dealt with seriously, so I don't.

P.S. BTW, a true 27, 28 or 520 has a model number, so even S&W would consider +P ok.
As a side note, I never shoot 38 specials of any variety in any of my 357s because I detest cleaning the chambers. I do load "target" loads in 357 mag cases, but 38 specials only go in guns chambered in 38 special. When I had a lot fewer guns than I now have, though, that wasn't the case.

I also only own a single 44 Magnum-a 629 "Mountain Gun" and shoot 44 specials in it all the time.

One of my favorite ranges for a little while employed an RSO who just loved to meddle and for some reason had marked me to watch with a hawkeye after he took offense to my grip on a semi-auto(I had him yelling "drop the weapon" in my ear before I even realized he was talking to me).

In any case, that particular range trip has a lot of bad memories that involved conflicts between me and the idiot RSO before I left my friends at the line and visited the owner...

One of the other "incidents" that stands out was when he saw me loading 44 special in my Mountain Gun. For those unfamiliar with these guns, they have prominent laser etching on one side that says "Mountain Gun" and the caliber on the other side. He saw the 44 specials and said "YOU MUST ONLY LOAD THE CALIBER THE GUN SPECIFIES." I tried to explain it to him, but after several other incidents that day that apparently had me marked as a moron(and had me convinced that he was also one) he refused to budge.

Like I said, fortunately that particular RSO no longer works there.
The Following User Likes This Post: