View Single Post

Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 AM

Liked 5,259 Times in 1,732 Posts
Default This is one of S&W's Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasconva View Post
After seeing all the posts about the new Victory I just have a question for you owners. Would you purchase one given your experiences with the one you have? I'm seriously considering getting one and your feedback will be appreciated.
IMHO, and I was a practicing pistolsmith, THIS IS ONE OF S&W's BEST! The Victory 22 LR is going to be around and in production for decades. The aftermarket people are going to flood the market with their offerings like they did with the AR-15 platform. I don't think that every thing they offer will be a lot better than what S&W is offering, but lots of us have the need to personalize our firearms. I have been shooting the heck out of mine and so far it is 'box stock' and I feel NO NEED to customize it. I don't even feel the need to do a trigger job on mine. And that is really rare for me. I owned 5 Ruger 22 autos in various configurations. After buying my Victory 22 LR, I have sold three. One I will never sell because I gave it to my Dad and then inherited it after his death. The other will go some day soon. The naysayers will soon give up on talking about the big mistake the barrel retaining cap screw was and go on to find another feature of another firearm to carp about. I have never seen a big need for a suppressor on a pistol, but I might just change my mind in this case. The Victory 22 LR and a suppressor just seem to go together like chocolate and peanut butter. ..... :-)

Last edited by Big Cholla; 11-09-2016 at 02:56 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: