View Single Post

Old 11-12-2016, 12:43 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

After field stripping and cleaning I was anxious to see how it would perform so hit the range earlier today. I still had the issue with the slide locking to the back. It seemed to do this toward the end of the magazine (8rd around the 7th and 7rd around the 6th) so I released the magazine and did what Rastoff suggested and bumped the muzzle against the pad at the range and it seemed to release it every time. Was still frustrated it was happening but at least I was able to get it back to normal to shoot more rounds through it. It seemed to be getting a little better after shooting more rounds as I noticed it was finally getting through a full magazine and not locking up on the last round. Still confused as to whether it could be what Rastoff was saying the barrel getting pinched or a problem with the feeding from the magazine. I am guessing more of a pinch problem. Rastoff I plan on hitting the range again this weekend so if it does the same problem I will take pics and post. I am also going to call S&W on Monday to report the issue and see what they say. Sorry for the long post

Last edited by mclem; 11-12-2016 at 01:02 AM.