View Single Post

Old 11-15-2016, 07:27 PM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts
Default Why do people keep buying Sport IIs and then modifying them?

I will go ahead and put on the flame suit now because I know what is coming but I have to ask. So many of the threads in this section of the forum are about how to modify a Sport II to replace the hand guard with a rail system, remove the A2 front post, swap the gas block, change out the stock, the grip etc...

Most of the time is seems to revolve around the A2 post and the handguards but if you have posted here long enough you know what I mean. So if all these people are going to rip the handguards off their basically NIB Sport II and remove the front A2 post, gas block and the handguards I have to ask.

Why are people buying the Sport II? Why not buy a optic ready carbine with a low profile gas block no handguards and simply install what they want. Once they have hacked it up the warranty is not going to be 100% in play. It doesn't save any money to pay for parts you are not going to use. Buying an OEM optic ready gun and installing the parts you want from day one makes economic and just plain common sense.

So educate me why are people still buying Sport IIs?

PS this is not directed at anyone specific. I own a Colt 6920 LEO which was the standard when I bought it and I modified it to suit my needs but when I did that there were a lot less options NIB.

Last edited by WVSig; 11-15-2016 at 07:38 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: