View Single Post

Old 11-16-2016, 12:28 PM

Liked 20,623 Times in 5,958 Posts

When I purchased my first AR back in the olden days there weren't a lot of choices or aftermarket stuff. Fairly easy choice at the gun store back then... an A2 or the A2 . Today, there's a dizzying array of choices both OEM and aftermarket.

I think the below is kinda how it works for a lot of first time AR buyers.

Newbie is starring at 100 different ARs on the rack at Sportsmans Warehouse ranging in price from $500 to $2,500. Eyes glazed over, he turns his head and sees a half dozen racks with a zillion accessories. Into full overload at this point, the sales guy says here's a popular Smith & Wesson Sport that we sell for $550. The newbie breathes a sigh of relief and says I'll take it and figure everything else out later.

I'm pretty sure that newbie would be me if I was buying my first AR today.

As far as newbies buying accessories before they shoot much... sure. Newbie gets the rifle, takes it to the range and has a blast. Reads a couple AR mags and joins an AR forum... get's excited and starts clicking the buy button at our favorite AR candy stores... it's all good.

Of course cosmetics and looks are important to gun owners of all stripes.... ARs to revolvers.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-16-2016 at 12:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: