View Single Post

Old 11-16-2016, 06:35 PM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WR Moore View Post
Skimming the thread and counting back, I realize my experience with the platform goes back almost 50 years. Gads, that's frightening. Most of that experience has been with whatever was issued, as issued in the environment at hand and covers a number of brands. Many of which I would not accept again as a gift.

That said, I'm somewhat amused/bemused by the wealth of mis-information about the platform and the variety of options. I'll admit my usage has never been as a range toy and my viewpoint is skewed by that.

I find the fixation on 1-7 twist misplaced unless you're shooting very heavy bullets. Also the angst about the A2 sight base. Pinned on, it's most reliable and always available for use as needed.

But, like the meg-buck wheels on your ride, it's your property, do with it what you want. But at least your ride has to pass a state safety inspection in most places.
I think you are spot on in many ways. People unnecessarily mod a perfect fictional Sport II. There are reasons to like the 1/7 but most people do not shoot in a manner that makes difference.

As to the A2 post well it might be a generational thing. LOL