View Single Post

Old 11-17-2016, 11:36 AM

Liked 5,794 Times in 1,452 Posts
Default The Charter Bulldog 44 revisited just in time for cold weather

The Charter Bulldog is back out of the safe , replacing the 442-1 (spring/summer) as my fall/winter concealed carry piece.

It is a GREAT little revolver. But oh how much I wish Smith and Ruger would venture into the lightweight .44 special snub arena.... a guy can wish for many years... still waiting!

After my hand surgery I have made some mods and changes to it. Went back to the charter wood grip and added a T-grip and some grip tape to the backstrap.

After doing a night course with it I realized I needed also some night sights on it.

Some glow on paint on the sights for night. Works well with a quick hit from the light. If it wears I dab more on.

So now onto holster suggestion?

My galco stow and go is ready for replacement.

Tried to reach out to the new owners of Lobo to get an IWB that sits a little lower like the Galco stow and go, but they don't seem to want make that custom mod to their offset belt clip model. Little disappointing as I have bought a few holsters back in the day from Ray and wanted to give the new owners some business. So I think am going to reach out to Eric at Sideguard to see if he will.

Not sure why custom holster makers care how people want to carry. Sometimes discretion is more important that draw speed.... as a matter of fact after many force on force classes, I know this to be a fact. I would rather have it more concealed than easier to grab. Personal preference after years of carry and training that way.

I am looking for a custom leather holster with more longevity that the Galco stow and go.

My requirements:

Leather
Must sit low, i.e. cylinder below belt line.
Clip for easy on, off.
Appendix carry so no cant.

You can see here how low I like my holsters to sit:

Any suggestions are welcome.

Or maybe I am just wishing too much and should just buy another galco.... the ride height is PERFECT for me. Low with the cylinder 1/8-1/4" below the top of the belt.

Thanks!

Last edited by eb07; 02-28-2018 at 10:21 AM.
The Following 12 Users Like Post: