View Single Post

Old 11-26-2016, 12:17 AM

Liked 130 Times in 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwayne View Post
Since I have a 686+Super Tuned 4", I wanted the 617 as it was very similar in size and weight, and could practice with the less expensive 22LR.
They became available at Gallery of Guns (great price at $659.99), so I bought one 2 weeks ago, heading to the range the same day.
Immediately I had several FTF's per cylinder, but they would sometimes fire the second time around. After firing, the cylinder had to be hit with the palm of my hand to open it, and the ejector rod had to be hit to eject the spent rounds. When I say hit, I mean with the edge of the table at the range. Couldn't do it with my hand. Then, after 100 rounds or so, when I tried to eject the 10 rounds, 1 or 2 were left in the cylinder, apparently pushed below the extractor itself! I tried the same ammo in a Ruger 10/45 I had, without a single FTF.
I was determined to get this right, so I took it apart, put in a spring kit, and polished every surface with FLITZ. I did not
remove metal. Back to the range, and every single issue was still happening. But the trigger job I did was awesome, feeling close to my super tuned 686+.
I just left a message with Customer Support, waiting for a reply. Does sound familiar to anyone?
I understand your frustration but you have to understand .22s are different from centerfires
first off FTF could mean a lot of this but first thing first tighten your hammer spring

as for ejection issues (boy that sounds wrong) you may need to ream or polish your individual cylinder chambers or look at the ammo you are shooting ....from personal experience I can tell you that bulk Winchester and Federal have thin cases that expand and are dirty so chambers get dirty fast.

I have 2 617's and these are just standard problems you run into and most of mine have been worked out so much so that in the Steel challenge and Rimfire 2-gun matches I go to I place in the top in the revolver categories