View Single Post

Old 11-26-2016, 12:01 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Default Ejection Helper

I had the same problem with a 1958 K22. I reamed the chambers in the cylinder myself, following the excellent directions on this forum. The reaming solved most of the problems - it is still ammo brand dependent. I made a "ejector rod", like on single action revolvers, from a wooden stick less than 0.22 inch diameter with a handle made from a 3/4 inch diameter dowel rod. (I "borrowed" a "cuticle stick" from my wife for the stick, but they're available in the cosmetic department at WM. The cuticle stick already had a tapered end to use for a "lead-in" into the chamber.) This ejector rod allows you to push the each fired case out individually, rather than beating on the K22 ejector rod. Usually, there are only 1 or 2 stuck cases, and after you find them the rest will come out easily. Slow but effective. I highly recommend the reaming procedure and suggest that you purchase one or two gauge pins of diameter 0.2280 and 0.2290 to use to check the diameter of your chambers against the SAAMI specs before buying a reamer. Gauge pins are available for a cost of about $2 each from industrial supply houses. Also, I found that if I have a stuck bunch of fired cases in the cylinder, sometimes rotating the cylinder 180 degrees and trying again will work (ejector rod bent slightly?). Good luck.
The Following User Likes This Post: