View Single Post

Old 11-27-2016, 05:27 AM

Liked 1,159 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onchu View Post
To Codenamedave... Mine has the same "pointer" grips that yours did. It made me happy to see another set of these. Mine are white, and chipped.
I did some looking around when I first got the K-22, and found a few mentions of these stocks out there. There were even some for sale on GB, pretty cheap, so evidently they're not collectible.

Also found this somewhere I can't remember, might've been this forum. If the person who put it up wants me to lose it, I will.

I love the "Ivory grips 50 cents additional"; geez, ya think I'm made of money? San Carlos is a few cities south of SF, about 25 miles away. Back then (besides having multiple flourishing gun stores in SF), the areas south of The City were mainly outlying industrial areas, not that making these stocks would take up a lot of room. Interesting that mine have the "Full corrugated thumb rest" supposedly indicated by an asterisk in the model number, which is absent in the ad. The ad also states that the 303 model is the one for K-22s.

Also, for the NLT trivia:

They're molded to accommodate a round-head rear sideplate screw as opposed to the later flat-head style. I had to relieve that spot on the replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggun22 View Post
Well here is my small contribution. Humpback hammer and "u notch" rear sight make this gun slightly unique. The box numbers to the gun and is in pretty good condition and contains some of the original paperwork.

Still haven't shot it.
Looks too nice to shoot! I'm glad that neither of my old Smiths have much collector worth, otherwise I would be afraid to shoot them. Heck a lot of the K-22 OD's in this thread I'd be afraid to handle, lest I accidentally scratch them or something and they lose half their value.

Last edited by codenamedave; 11-27-2016 at 05:31 AM. Reason: schpeling
The Following 2 Users Like Post: