View Single Post

Old 11-28-2016, 01:10 PM

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magload View Post
Just got my Ruger Mark III Competition and must say it is the first firearm I have ever owned that you were required a hammer to field strip and put back to gather. I cringed beating on the brand new gun but did it just like Ruger's video showed and it works.

I no longer am having screw problem but they should have used a system like Beretta used on the U22 I have no problems with it. If it had the Victory's trigger it would be a darn good gun.
My Ruger is a Mark III 22/45. I hate more than disassembling, reassembling it. I'm drooling over the new Mark IV. One Push-button disassembly.

The main reason I got on this thread is my new S&W22 Victory. I did manage to unscrew the take down screw, basically byusing the Allen wrench and the barrel as one of those grip exercisers that Tennis players use. I did experience several (too many) FTEs. I'll try the ejector tweak tonight.

I'm in Canada so sending it back and forth to the S&W Customer Care Centre is out of the question. If the ejector tweak doesn't work I know there's a S&W Warranty Center in Quebec. It's a hassle to ship restricted (handguns mostly) firearms in Canada.

Last edited by 3strokes; 11-28-2016 at 01:12 PM.