View Single Post

Old 12-01-2016, 09:54 PM

Liked 6,615 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISCS Yoda View Post
I'm not any kind of an LEO. I don't think I'll ever need a reload.

When I go to my office I carry a small briefcase and there is one speedloader in there and one leather strip with 6 rounds - because I can. I have extra rounds in my car, too. Because I can and it's easy to do. Otherwise, I virtually never carry a reload.

In the event that I go someplace where I think there might be an issue and if I don't switch to a hi-cap semi-auto I might carry one speedloader but that's it.
Nothing wrong with that.

I often carry more than 1 speedstrip/loader because it's a longtime ingrained habit, from the days when I carried a pair of speedloaders on and off-duty when I carried a service revolver.

Now that I'm coming up on having been retired for 8 years, I've noticed that I'm more increasingly more comfortable carrying a single speedstrip, or a single spedloader when I pocket a J-frame (or a single magazine for whatever pistol I may choose to carry).

I'm no longer deliberately going out to put myself in Harm's Way every few minutes of every day, so I'm not against adjusting my gear to reflect a diminished risk environment and risk assessment.

My camera case carrier dates back to several years before I retired, when I was still carrying a little more gear against the potential that I might find myself coming across a situation where I decided to invoke my status and take an enforcement action.

That camera case was the only one I could find that had a stitched belt loop (versus snap or Velcro), and it handily rode on my belt when I was wearing my jeans and leather riding jacket. That way I could keep my weapon on my person, while removing my riding jacket and enjoying the sunshine in one of our beach towns. Nobody ever gave it second glance, and none of my LE peers ever realized that it contained a weapon (unlike how a fanny or belt pack attracts their trained eyes ).

Last edited by Fastbolt; 12-01-2016 at 09:58 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: