View Single Post

Old 12-02-2016, 09:06 AM
US Veteran

Liked 682 Times in 340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief38 View Post
Just my opinion of course but mounting a gun in a car is not a real good idea! Who is going to secure it and be responsible for it if your car is stolen, broken into, or if it's forgotten when being worked on in a service facility? People DO get into accidents, become incapacitated, unconscious, have heart attacks etc. when in the car. A BIG MAYBE if you drive for a living and are in there for many hours a day - but again, extreme caution and attention must be payed to that form of carry and for most would not be the best method, IMO.

IMHO a CCW should be carried on one's person. For what it's worth, I do not care for Brief Case or Bag carry either - too easily lost, forgotten or stolen.
chief 38 MHO ^^^^^, sums it up. the thread is mounting a weapon, your choice. went to pick up the wife the other night, person came out of nowhere, even checked the area before I shut the suv down, he thought I was an uber driver. butt of weapon against seat, but at hand. made a shoulder holster the other night for the EDC, maybe a cross draw for when in the vehicle, when I lock the suv, the weapon is w/ my person. the thieves/ breakin pros in the burgh, can clean out a vehicle in less than a minute. a seen holster, mounted, my 2 cts., makes the vehicle a target, or yourself when you come back to leave. for some reason vehicles from out of state are a target for breakins. the local tv reports weapons were taken from out of state vehicles during the veh. breakins, thus more vehicle breakins. when the steelmills shut down 30+ years ago, just met my wife, moved to a small town like Mayberry RFD. every one had rifle racks, most of the time w/ weapons in the racks, no one ever locked their vehicles, never heard of anyone takeing a weapon, but that was 30+ years ago.
The Following User Likes This Post: