View Single Post

Old 12-04-2016, 10:41 AM

Liked 1,159 Times in 387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
No question about its being refinished. And someone took a file or grinder to the front sight. Also someone jeweled the hammer and trigger. Interesting that it's the highest V-series revolver SN on my list. I show some SVs with lower SNs. It's possible yours may have the highest V-series SN known. Some others may comment about that.
I went through the thread again and found these Victorys with higher non-S serial numbers. Interesting that they're both BSRs that have been converted to .22 caliber, the first as a .22 Magnum, the second unspecified as to the type of .22.

Post #151
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex l k View Post
I recently received a Victory pistol with SN V769527. The gun has BNP markings in between barrel and cylinder and all around the cylinder. Right by the trigger is markings with swords and mb letters. The gun has been refinished and the S&W markings on right hand side almost not visible. The gun caliber has been changed to .22 magnum. The barrel length is 6 1/4". Not sure what the original caliber was. What would a pistol like this be valued at? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Post #1361
Quote:
Originally Posted by meastwood View Post
My neighbor's S&W Victory was converted (before he got it in England, late-60's) to 22. It's SN is V 769240, and is a good shooter. Any idea of its date of mfg or ship?
Have these been discounted as to having genuine non-S serials?

ETA: Found another one, also a BSR.

Post #211
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadzilla517 View Post
My grandfather's old revolver. S/N# V765493 BNP proof mark stamped ALL over it. Another proof with maybe crossed swords and an N .767" 3 1/2 Tons on the barrel Brauer Bros. Mfg. St. Louis holster Most likely the wrong grips

Can you guts tell me a little about it? I'm going to contact Smith & Wesson after the holiday.

Thanks in advance,
Craig Campbell

Last edited by codenamedave; 12-04-2016 at 12:51 PM.